Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Traveling: Part 2

We caught our connecting flight to Providenciales, Turks and Caicos on Wednesday morning. We got up early (and had no sleep because we are on west coast time) and arrived at the airport 2 hours before our flight. Getting through security took forever the day before so we wanted to make sure we had plenty of time. It took all of 10 minutes.
Thank goodness for our travel DVD player and Elmo. This kept 'The Boy' occupied during breakfast. Then he met Addison. At our gate, 'The Boy' and Addie ran around and played and kept each other busy until we boarded.


'The Boy' and Addie watching the "aiwpwanes"


Again, pretending that I like this part.


Asleep before takeoff, again.

This flight was so short and 'The Boy' napped the whole time while my nerves were calmed by 'The Office'. I even opened the window shade to observe the beautiful Caribbean water. Another smooth flight. The airport in Providenciales is so small and we had to walk down stairs and on the runway to get off the airplane. I have never done this before.

Customs was fairly quick and picking up our luggage was a breeze. We waited about 10 minutes to get on our shuttle that took us to Beaches. The drive was about 15 minutes and 'The Boy' was so excited to sit in the shuttle like a big boy.

Turks and Caicos is a British island territory so, naturally, they drive on the opposite side of the road. I've never done that before and I was so glad I was not the one driving. I thought it was so strange. I love experiencing different customs!


No comments: