Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Ensenada

We spent Saturday in beautiful Ensenada. I say this without the hint of sarcasm I would usually throw in here. I have been to Ensenada at least a dozen times and once you have been, there's not much left to see. Or so I thought.



Ensenada from our ship



Michael and I



'The Boy' and 'The Hubs'


Previously, I have shopped in downtown, danced at Papa's and Beer, visited La Bufadora, and once 'The Hubs' and I step off the boat just to eat tacos at our favorite hole in the wall. Ensenada is a poor fishing village in baja and it is not the cleanest tourist spot I have ever been.

On this visit, we had no idea what to do with 'The Boy', so Lynda suggested that we visit the Estero Beach Resort. I will never go anywhere in Ensenada again.

Once we departed to ship, we made our ritual pit stop at the closest tequila stand for a shot of Patron. My Dad wasn't a big drinker but he always had a shot of tequila before heading out on the town.

View of our ship from the tequila stand


One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor! Actually, just one tequila-I do have a child to take care of.

Lynda worked her magic (you know what kind) and chartered a private shuttle (not as fancy as it sounds-Mexico, remember ?) and in about 20 minutes, we were out of the crud. We walked along the shoreline and watched a few guys fishing. Of course 'The Hubs' was into this.

We had a nice lunch and a few maggies at the resort restaurant. 'The Boy' consumed close to an entire jar of maraschino cherries and a box of fruit loops for lunch. We didn't stay long but it was a perfect day trip to get us off the ship without worrying about 'The Boy's' safety.

Working up his sugar high

Lynda and Brenda


'The Boy' and Uncle Michael

Not quite Turks and Caicos but still beautiful



We stopped for a little shopping back at the port before heading back on board. We took a little nap before getting ready for the nights festivities.


That evening was the captain's ball. Sounds fancy, huh? The more cruises that I go on, the less exciting this is. We all got dressed up, we shook the captain's hand, took a picture and tried to keep our toddler in line.


My handsome man dressed in a suit for the very first time.

Trying to take a nice family picture. Trying.



Our dinner seating wasn't until 8:15 and we got there late that night. He fell asleep before you could say chicken nugget! Yes, he is eating his buh-buh. This is how he falls asleep every night.

After dinner, I went back to the room with 'The Boy' and let 'The Hubs' go out gamblin' with the twins. Farewell, Ensenada. Until we meet again-next year.





























































































No comments: