Friday, June 18, 2010

39 Weeks

Just one week left! I can't even explain all of the emotions I am feeling right now. I really thought she would be here already but, not only does my body not handle 9 months of pregnancy very well, it isn't cut out for delivering an eight pound baby either. That's right. Eight pounds! Lets back up a bit...

Tuesday afternoon, I was having lunch at Red Robin with my mom and 'The Boy'. As soon as our food arrived, I had an intense back contraction. A few minutes later, I had another. Just for kicks, I asked my mom to time them. They were consistently 10 minutes apart for about an hour and a half. 'Holy crap', I thought, 'I'm in Red Robin'. So what's a girl to do? Go to Michael's and shop for crafts, of course.

The contractions continued though inconsistently and my mom thought we should head to the hospital but I told her they weren't close enough and that I wanted to go home and lay down for a bit. 'The Hubs' came home and I decided to take a nap. When I woke up, nothing. We went for a walk and...nothing. I went to bed, slept the whole night through, woke up and...nothing. Stupid false labor!

Wednesday night, I woke form a sound sleep to go to the bathroom and had a pretty good sized contraction. I decided to go back to sleep considering what had happened the day before. About fifteen minutes later, I had another one. Then I fell asleep for the rest of the night, woke up and...nothing!

My appointment with Dr. D. was Thursday afternoon. I was so sure that all of those false contractions would have moved things along at least. Nothing! Well not nothing. I dilated another half of a centimeter. But in my pregnant mind that pretty much equates to nothing. So I am dilated 1 1/2 centimeters, 50 % effaced, and my cervix is unfavorably high.

She asked me if I wanted any help to get things moving along to which I said, "Of course!" For the past few weeks we had discussed inducing on the 18th, which was the following day. I was so hoping to walk out of that office with my papers and go home to get ready to go to the hospital in the morning.

Dr. D. did an ultrasound to determine position and make sure that my fluid level was still good. This is where things went bad. She is face up, just like 'The Boy'. My heart sank. I knew that there was no way she would induce with my cervix high and her facing the wrong way. I didn't want her to at that point anyway. Pushing for two hours again doesn't fit into my birth plan.

'The Baby' was given an eviction date and I left the office sobbing. She has exactly 6 days to sort her self out in there. I have one more appointment this coming Wednesday morning. Chelsea, if you and my uterus can't figure this out in the next few days, I will see you on Friday. And if you don't like the fact that we are evicting you form your cozy home, I will see you Saturday...end of story!


PB∧Janelle-e said...

Thats why your having this false labor! She would come if she was faceing the right way! Sounds JUST like Calli!

The Johnson's said...

Janelle- Tyler was the same way. I am so not looking forwrd to this!