Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

SYTYCD Top 18- Fast Forward

I can't believe this week is flying by. Usually, before I go on vacation, the week just drags on and on. This time, I can barely get everything done that needs to be before i head off into the sunset.

Week two of SYTYCD was different for me than any other viewer. I TIVO this show and start watching it about 20-30 minutes in so that I can speed through the commercials. This week, I also did laundry and started packing so, I watched it very s-l-o-w-l-y.

About 45 minutes into the program I sat on the couch after putting a load of clothes away in the closet, and sat on the TIVO remote. This sent stupiTIVO into a fast forward frenzy. I started looking for the remote and sat on a different button which told stupiTivo to change the channel. This caused the recording to stop. No big deal. I thought that I had recorded the show and went looking for it in my Tivo library and it wasn't there. I had a minor freakout and missed two dances which I watched this morning on youtube.
There were so many fantastic numbers and talented dancers this week. However, a few started to show their weaknesses. Shane Sparks (hip hop choreographer) was back and all of his numbers sucked. Not a fan. Never have been.
Worth mentioning were a Jazz routine choreographed by Sonya Tayeh, performed by Ade and Mellisa and a Contemporary number by Canadian SYTYCD choreographer, Stacey Tookey, performed by Jonathan and Karla.
Top honors go to Brandon and Jeanette dancing disco. Fun, fast and perfectly performed. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought my TIVO was on fast forward.


No comments: