Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

SYTYCD Week 1

So, I should be sleeping or at least getting ready for bed but, I had a day. I mean a DAY. You know, the kind where 7 days are jam packed into one. Lucky me. So, I am unwinding.

I love So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD). Lurvvvve it. I am so glad that it is back on! I am already falling for several dancers and getting cozy with my old friends, "your joooges"! So looking forward to what Mia Michaels, Tabitha and Napolean, and Lil C have in store for us this season.

For those of you who don't know (and I am pretty sure that you all do considering you are all family), I used to be a dancer. I started dancing when I was three and trained for years in ballet, jazz, tap, modern and hip hop. I originally majored in dance in college and only changed majors when I realized that any other career choice would be more lucrative. I slowly stopped dancing and now only dance in my head while doing cardio. I wish I had never stopped and that I had the time to pick it back up again.

So I live vicariously through the dancers on the show and feel my heart skip a beat with every emotional movement. I have decided that each week I will be posting my favorite performance so that it will live on in my bloggy world.

This week, I give it to the hip hop. Thank you Napolean and Tabitha for making my head think that I, too, can pop and lock. Phillip and Jeanine-Muah!

No comments: