Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Vacation: Disney Day

 Monday morning, we slept in a bit and slowly got ready for the day.  Ahhh...love vacations.  It was 'The Boy's' real birthday so we had promised a trip to Disneyland.  We had good intentions of getting there when the park opened at 10 am but. as I always say, we never get there before 11 am. 

'The Boy' and I rode the tram while 'The Hubs' pushed 'Munchkin' in the monster stroller.  It was so nice to have a few special moments with my bud.  He told me all of the rides he wanted to go on for his birthday.  And because it was his birthday, he didn't have to wear a birthday button (though I tried really hard to convince him otherwise), he got to go on It's a Small World first, and we had pizza for lunch.

I don't have any pictures from the first part of our day (bad mommy) but I was so enjoying the time with my family that I didn't even think to pull out the camera.  After lunch we hit up Finding Nemo and then headed to the Teacups.

Waiting in line.


 'Munchkin' in pigtails and a t-shirt with her favorite Disney Princess.


There's the birthday boy!  I still cannot get over him being four!






Note: Pregnancy and the Teacups do not mix well when this man is behind the wheel.  I almost puked.

'The Littles' started getting cranky so we let them kick back while we trucked over to California Adventure.  We had promised the birthday boy a ride on the new Little Mermaid attraction.

 They both crashed out so we tried to let 'The Hubs' go on some grown up rides while they napped.  I say tried because the roller coaster he really wanted to go on was closed for maintenance.  We got some drinks and parked it in the shade for a bit unti l'The Boy' woke up. 


 We never buy the kids stuff while we are at Disney.  Only because we go so often we would end up with so much over priced crap that they would hardly play with.  Birthday's are different. We got him a Buzz Lightyear laser gun to run around with.

I took 'The Boy' on the new Little Mermaid ride and it was sooooo cute.  He loved it so much he wanted to go on again as soon as it was over so 'The Hubs' took him while I sat with a still napping 'Munchkin'.  Then the boys went on the ferris wheel in the cab that swings (yuck) and a few other rides before we headed back to Disneyland. 

'Munchkin' woke up and we conquered Fantasyland: Casey Jr., Mr Toad, Pinocchio, the Carousel, Dumbo and Alice in Wonderland twice.  All if 'The Boys' picks.











We stayed until the park closed at 8 o'clock which was perfect because the kids were done and my pregnant body had had enough.  We were going to go out to a nice dinner but 'Munchkin' crashed as soon as we turned the car on and 'The Boy' requested McDonald's.  And since it was his birthday...

No comments: