Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Vacation: Day Five

 This morning, we totally vegged in our jammies.  The kids watched a movie.  I got Starbucks which we enjoyed on the couch, cuddling.  We didn't even think about putting our swimsuits on until almost noon.  But we did and we took 'The Littles' to a smaller pool on the property that had a 1 1/2 ft. pool for them to splash around in. 

 'Munchkin's' first bikini!


'The Boy' loved that he could run and splash around in the little pool.


And 'Munchkin' is still so little that she had trouble staying above water.

We went back to the villa for lunch and then everyone (every single one of us) took a nap.  We hung around for a while, playing games and toys with 'The Littles' before getting ready for the night.  'The Hubs' had a date planned for us.  He was taking me to a restaurant in Irvine and we had some time to kill before dropping 'The Littles' off at Grandma's house so I suggested I show them where I grew up. 

I still love that feeling of pulling into Woodbridge and turning down West Yale Loop to drive to my childhood house.  It never gets old. 

 There she is.  Of course, it has seen a lot of changes since we moved.  But it was still our house.  The windows on the top left were to my bedroom in high school.  Ahhh, the memories.

We drove down the road and walked the kids over the bridge by the lagoon so they could play at a park for a while.  I used to play there when I was a kids  So neat seeing my children running around in the same place I once did. ( For the record: we live where 'The Hubs grew up so he gets this all of the time.)




 Of, course, she napped.


 But not for long.







They played until dark and then we headed to Grandma's house.  'The Hubs' took me to Ruth's Chris for dinner and it was amazing.  Still wish I could have had wine.  And 'The Littles' were naturally spoiled with pizza and candy and popcorn and gifts.  Thanks, again Grandma. 

Another wonderful day. 

2 comments:

Leslie said...

aw man! drive what...10 more houses down and I could have seen my old home! one of these days, I'll have to do the same on the same street. :)

Melizjo said...

@ Leslie- I drove around the block and saw your old place, too. ;)