Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Last Day- Out to Sea

On our last day cruising, we stayed out to sea. Since we were headed back from Cabo and needed to be in Long Beach by 8 am the next day, the ride was rocky. We slept in as late as 'The Boy' would allow and enjoyed some breakfast on the Lido deck. I woke up with 'The Boy's' cold- thanks again, cousin Wade- so, I just wanted to relax.
We went up to the top deck and attempted to play mini golf. It was so windy and cold because the ship was haulin' booty. I was so sure that we wouldn't last the first few holes but, we played all nine.

Screaming, "Too windy! Too windy!".

Gearing up to make the most of it.

Daddy putting with his pal.

'The Boy' kept picking up our balls and running and putting them in the hole.

I mentioned that it was windy, right?

I love this picture. It looks like he is about to crush the skull with that club.

Getting a little help.

Starting to get the hang of it.

Concentrating like I'm actually playing. It was way to hard to play a serious game because the wind was totally interfering.

After our adventures in golfing, we relaxed a bit by the indoor pool and then went to get some lunch. 'The Boy' fell asleep as soon as we sat down. So we enjoyed a peaceful lunch together.
Then we all went for a nap before heading to the pool for the afternoon. For whatever reason, the indoor pool was absolutely freezing and since the ship was moving so much, the pool water was sloshing all over the place. Not so inviting to a 2 year old.

So, we watched tv on the jumbo screen and 'The Boy' ran his trains all over the pool benches.

He was at this for over an hour.

'The Hubs' got the courage to get in the pool. I don't know what he was thinking!

Playing in the fountain. This was the closest we could get him to playing in the water.

That night, we fed 'The Boy' early in hopes of trying kid's camp one last time. He screamed as soon as we set foot through the door. Thankfully, he fell asleep on the way to dinner. Alone at last. Too bad I was so nauseous from the ship rocking that I couldn't eat.

We went back to our cabin to pack and then watched a movie on tv before falling asleep.

We had such a great vacation. Trying at times but still fun and somewhat relaxing. We usually don't take our big family vacation until about June so it feels so sad that it is already over. We are going to be super busy in the coming months so I'm sure it won't feel like we're missing out. Next year, we'll be vacationing as a family of four!

No comments: