Thursday, February 18, 2010

Puerto Vallarta

Yay! We finally made it to dry land. Not that I minded spending my days lounging on a luxury cruise liner but, I was getting cabin fever. Haha!

We arrived in port while we were sleeping. Yes, due in part to the fact that we had been up until 2 a.m. with the nightclub. (The night before, 'The Boy' couldn't even sleep through it. He stood
up in his crib around 1:30 and said, "Mommy, Daddy, I hear a song. I dance." Then he started
grooving away to the Black Eyed Peas)

Our view upon waking. Downtown Puerto Vallarta and the cruise terminal.

More of the view from our balcony. Puerto Vallarta was unlike any other Mexican city we had
ever been to. It was so tropical.

More downtown and cruise terminal.

I had booked a shore excursion through the cruise line to visit an all-inclusive resort for the day.
Some of the other excursions they offered looked like so much fun but my pregnancy kept us
from doing anything adventurous. The excursion we took was absolutely perfect for us.

Driving on the tour bus to the resort. I always find it funny that, no matter where in Mexico you are, every tour bus is the same...cramped and stuffy.

Once leaving the downtown area, everything is so tropical. We were in awe of our surroundings.

After about a 30 minute ride we arrived at the Barcelo resort. Our tour guide showed us around
the property and then left us to enjoy the day. Everyone that was on the bus with us went
straight to the beach but, we decided to lounge poolside. Partly because we have a beach at home and partly because 'The Boy' is not super excited about being that close to the ocean.

The pool

The Beach

Of course we found the playground right away.

Me and my little man and his new breakfast of choice. I don't think he'll ever
look at a Cheerio the same way again.

Testing out the water. It was a little cool but, the humidity was high so it was nice.

Swimming with Daddy

Trying to steer clear of the sun.

Getting ready to jump!

Swimming with Mommy

The resort was all-inclusive so 'The Hubs' drank a bunch of beer and I had a few virgin pina coladas (totally not the same). We also got to eat a delicious Mexican buffet with a gorgeous ocean view.

So tired after lunch.

My Boys, just before we left the resort.

We spent 4 hours at the resort which was plenty for us (we burn pretty quickly out there if we're not careful.) The ride back to the cruise terminal was quiet and both of my boys slept. We walked around the flea market at the cruise terminal for a bit before heading back on the ship.

When we got back to our room, we watched a movie on tv and got cleaned up. Then, about a hour before dinner, we got a pleasant surprise. A deluxe ocean view cabin had become available! A couple had a vacation home in Puerto Vallarta and didn't fly so they took the ship down there and got off. We are sooooooooo lucky! We had to kiss our balcony good-bye but we didn't have to deal with the nightclub anymore. Plus, Carnival compensated us for the room downgrade and gave us a credit for the inconvenience.

At last, we all had a peaceful night of sleep. Next stop: Mazatlan.

No comments: