Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Big Boy Day

We had plans.  They fell through.  I made a promise.  I don't break promises.  And that's how I ended up at Disneyland (again) with 'The Boy'.  Just us.  Alone.  Am I crazy?  I was a little nervous but, in hindsight, it went so much easier than planned.  I had forgotten how easy just one kiddo can be.  Thanks, Mimi for watching 'Munchkin' so that I could have a special day with my little man.

He loves the California letters outside of California Adventure.  It is pretty hard to get him to stop playing on them so that we can go into the actual theme park.
We got to take a special picture with our friends, Mater and Lightning McQueen.

I took him on his first trip on the ferris wheel.  He was so excited and just kept staring out of the cage while I closed my eyes and tried not to loose it. 

We went on a couple of rides including the Toy Story Midway Mania, a first for both of us.  'The Boy' was not super excited about it and I thought about getting out of line but told him to be brave and we went on anyway.  Of course, he loved it!

We walked around for a bit and got a snack before heading over to Disneyland.  'The Hubs' surprised him and met us after he was done working.  'The Boy' was super excited.  Then we headed over to Disneyland for the rest of the night.

Waiting for Daddy.

He kept running circles around this planter.  He was driving me crazy but he was so happy, I let him do it.


Waiting in line for another first...
...Autopia!  He has always been just a bit too short to ride it and he has grown enough in past few months that we could.  He was so excited and sat behind the wheel to drive it "like a big boy".  30 seconds into it he says, "I'm too scared to drive", so I ended up pushing the gas with my left foot and steering from the passengers side.  It was quite the bumpy ride!

Daddy was right on our tail.  He turned it into bumper cars and 'The Boy' kept turning around and saying, "no bumping, Daddy!"

'The Hubs' also took him on his very first roller coaster.  I was so nervous for him...I hate roller coasters!

This is so blurry but it is right as they sat down.  He has his buh-buhs in his mouth which is a sure sign that he was scared.

There they go!  'The Hubs' waving as they make the climb.
Wheeeee!

And here they come!  He still has his buh-buhs in his mouth.  He got off and I asked if he liked it.  He shouted, "I love it!".  I hope Daddy has a new roller coaster riding buddy.  It would get me off the hook.
Of course, we rode Dumbo...

...the merry-go-round...

...and Casey Jr.
We finished the night by bumping into the parade on our way out.  We had planned to go to dinner but, 'The Boy' fell asleep as soon as I turned the car engine on.  He never woke up for the rest of the night.  Safe to say, he had  fun.  I loved having special big boy time with him.  It is so rare these days and I know how important it is to make him feel special even though he has a sister now.  He loved it and couldn't wait to go back.  Don't worry...we did.

No comments: