Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Carlsbad Flower Fields


My mom and I took 'The Littles' to the Carlsbad flower fields for the first time. I can't beleive that I have lived in Southern California for as long as I have (20+ years) and have never been. For the past two years, I have thought about going too late. They close for the year in May and we never make it in time.

This year, I was on top of it. Which says a lot because my plate is super full. I honestly thought that it was the kind of thing that would take a couple of hours but, with a nursing newborn and San Diego traffic, it ended up taking the better part of the day. Thankfully, 'The Littles' were a dream.

We got down to Carlsbad around lunchtime and ate at Karl Strauss. I was so prepared. I brought snacks and entertainment for impatient and hungry 'Littles'. We sang songs and played games until our food arrived. I was one of those moms. The kind that has it so together that I want to vomit. (It was short lived. I haven't seen this version of myself again and it's been a while).

The flower fields were not what I expected. I was nervous that 'The Littles' would not be entertained by a bunch of flowers but they had a great time.


So Pretty!

He actually liked just looking at the flowers.

Me and my silly Boy.  Don't mind my post baby belly.  It's only been a month.
Watching the birds in the aviary.
Taking it all in.  Actually, she is stuck in a little picture taking spot likely planning her escape.
Flowers for miles!
I love his silly faces.
We walked around and made an attempt at walking through a maze with the double stroller.  Then we took 'The Littles' to the little playground.

She loved this 'Munchkin' sized playhouse.
He played in this house for a long time.

We had a great time and I am so glad we finally saw the flower fields!

No comments: