Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Cousins

When I was little,  I so badly wanted a cousin.  I think it stems from, I so badly wanted a sister and when my parents brought home my brother, it turned from sister into cousin.  I can remember hearing stories from my friends about playing with their cousins.  I loved the idea of a big family and having other little people to play with at family events.  Instead, I was just tormented by my brothers all. the. time.

My cousins, Jake, Lexie, and Max, are 14, 13, and 12.  I had to wait a long time for them to come around but I love them dearly and adore that my kids (who have 10 first cousins from their father's side) love and look up to them.  All those first cousins aside, 'The Boy' calls my cousins his favorite.  Especially Lexie.  "Schnookumnut Cherryblossom" misses you, Lex.  (I may never understand that one.) 
Sadly, they live in another state so we don't get to see them very often.  Even more sad, almost two years had past since we had seen each other.  That won't be happening again.  Mark my words.  They came for the weekend (not long enough...boo-hoo) and we had a blast hanging out and catching up. 

We spent Saturday at my house, relaxing and playing with the little ones. 











Where the heck is Jake in these pictures?  Oh, that's right.  Having a marathon Wii session with Uncle Steve.  Teenagers.

The next day we were up bright and early for a day at Disneyland.  'The Hubs' couldn't join us.  He had to catch a flight to Hawaii for work.  Don't worry...he sent me a picture of the ocean view from his hotel balcony.  He was doing just fine. 

The older kids were so excited and so was 'The Boy' but 'Munchkin' was super sick and spiked a fever off and on all day.  Yup.  I'm that mom.  I felt so bad later that week because she was so miserable and ended up having a double ear infection.  She was such a trooper.


 Jake, Lexie, and Max...and Goofy.


 Puddin' and Pop.






 Look at her!  Her eyes have fever written all over them.






 This is the face you make when you go to Disneyland with 5 kids.  I'm, pretty sure I made this one all day.



'The Boy' was so pooped, this is how he fell asleep.  He stayed like that for over an hour.


 Poor sick girl.


 Gigi had to ride in a motorized wheelchair because she had just had surgery a few weeks before. 


 The best family picture we could get.


Uncle Mikey being a total goof.

We stayed at Disneyland for the whole day and we didn't get home until after midnight.  The big kids had such a blast and the little ones had fun, too.

The next day the kids came over for lunch before their dad picked them up.  As soon as the doorbell rang, 'The Boy' started crying and saying "I don't want my new cousins to go".  So sweet.  He has been talking about them ever since.  Looks like we'll have to make a trip out to visit them soon. 

No comments: