Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

At Five Months


Munchkin,

You have grown so much this month.  I can hardly even see my newborn in your face anymore.  We started you on solid foods (again) and you have taking to eating them like a champ.  You love rice cereal, sweet potatoes, apples and bananas but you really hate pears.  Your a good eater and it shows.  We'll get your stats next month but, I can see your face filling out more and you are almost grown out of your 3 month clothes.  Still petite but I'm not sure for how much longer. 

You adopted your own schedule for sleeping.  You take a big nap in the morning (2-3 hours) and a small one in the afternoon (1 hour).  You still sleep great at night.  You have started squealing in delight and it is such a welcome noise.  I love hearing from my happy baby.  You are also obsessed with blowing raspberries. All. Day. Long.

As predicted, you have started grabbing your brothers toys and you seem to love Thomas the Train as much as he does.  His face when you first grabbed Thomas was priceless!  You grab at anything in your reach which mean that Mommy's hair will be up in a ponytail for a few months.   You can sit up on your own with your hand tripodded in between your legs but not for long.  It makes you pretty darn tired. 

I just adore your sweet disposition and your smile lights up my heart.  You are so mellow and I am so thankful to have a baby that goes with the flow because we have the flow going pretty fast in this family.

We love you, Munchkin!  You'll be 6 months old next month.  A half a year already.  Slow down a little if you can find it in your hear to do so.  We're having a hard time taking it all in.

1 comment:

C said...

she is getting sooo big!!! What a pretty girl!!