Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Up Our Alley

  For Labor Day, we met up with Gigi and Pop to take 'The Boy' bowling for the very first time.  There's just something about seeing your kid experience something he has never seen before.  His eyes, wide with excitement, just melted my heart.  He had a great time but, as usual, I think he enjoyed his hot dog and french fries most of all.  Memory keeping overload coming your way.  The bowling alley makes me trigger happy.


...Fabulous rental footwear...


...Eyes (red) wide with anticipation...

..."I just roll"...


...he lingered for a bit, not quite sure what to make of it...

...bowling at my worst.  I haven't had that many gutter balls since the first day they took the bumpers away...

...in action...


...this is the best we could do...


...getting a helping hand...


...'Munchkin' had the best seat in the house.  always does...


...greasy, fried, awesome...


...beelined for the junk food...


...eventually got a bit more help from the ramp...


...in a daze...

...strategically posing on the ramp.  she had to get in on the action...

Later, we went back to my mom's house for a little swim and bbq.  The boys hung out in the backyard while my mom and I indulged ourselves in a friendly game of Scrabble.  She beat me by just a smidgen.  It was a nice relaxing day which, I believe, is the whole point of Labor Day.

...hello, handsome...


...loves watermelon...


...she finally grabbed and pulled the little handles on her bouncer.  so proud...



...playing Scrabble 'The Boy's' way. just lining up letters...

No comments: