Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

36 Weeks

Moving right along! I cannot believe that our due date is in four weeks. I have been so busy this past month that time has just flown by. I can remember when I was back in the first trimester begging for things to move faster and now all of a sudden, I am almost full term.

At my last appointment, Dr D. did one last ultrasound to determine 'The Baby's' size and position. She's all ready to go with her head down and my cervix has started to thin but not dilate. 'The Baby' currently weighs 6 lbs. 1 oz. with four possible weeks of growth left. Dr D. estimates she'll be in the upper 7's or lower 8's. I can totally do that.

Things are progressing, albeit slowly, at home too. We are waiting on one last piece of furniture for the nursery to be complete and, I have to say, that if she came today I wouldn't be as prepared as I was with 'The Boy' but we'd get by. Thankfully, Super Target is just around the corner.

I have even started nesting a little. I'm not a typical "nester". When I was pregnant with 'The Boy' I was completely obsessed with our finances and read three financial planning books in the couple of weeks before he arrived. This time, I am feeling super crafty. I have been doing crafts just about daily and the employees at Joann's are starting to recognize me. But then again, how could they not.

Can't even imagine what will happen to my body size in the next four weeks. I am fast approaching beached whale status.

No comments: