Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

26 Weeks

We are at the 26 week mark today, or so we think. It has been a challenging last few weeks to say the least. My belly is growing and with that, my body has not been responding as well as I had hoped. We also had to change to a new OB.

At about 20 weeks, my sciatica nerve started burning, causing my hip to go numb. At the same time, I began having heart palpitations like crazy. I had an echocardiogram 3 weeks ago and I have a small mitral valve and tricuspid valve leak- both of which are common during pregnancy. Even so, my OB took me off work until 6 weeks postpartum.

This has been a blessing because I get to stay home with 'The Boy' which is what I am always complaining about not being able to do. It has also been difficult because I had no idea how much harder staying at home is than going to work.

We had a change in our medical insurance 2 weeks ago and found out that Dr. B does not take our new plan. I was bummed because I had been seeing her for a while and was pretty comfortable with her. This ended up being a blessing in disguise. I am now being followed by Dr. Dimmette and she blows Dr. B out of the water. I saw her this past Thursday and she did an ultrasound and talked with me for 45 minutes. Amazing.

Dr. D. said that, according to her sonogram, the baby is measuring 1 week ahead and is now 2 pounds. Should I be worried that my Dr. is already concerned about the size of the baby? I have to do my glucose test this week and we are monitoring my sciatica. She is thinking about sending me to the chiropractor next month.

That's it for this month (as if it weren't enough). Here is my 26 week picture at Disneyland. Tyler gave his baby sister his Donald Duck sticker and put it on my belly.

Under 100 days to go!

No comments: