Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sick Mommy is Still a Great Mommy

I have been feeling a little under the weather for the past few weeks and, three days ago, woke up full blown sick. I'm talking coughing up a lung, hugging the toilet, making best friends with my couch, sick. My kid, however, is not sick and even if he was, he'd still be running all over the place.

It's been pretty boring around here according to 2 year old standards. Mommy can't play outside, can only play trains for a few minutes before feeling dizzy and still can only take so much Laurie Berkner. Thankfully, 'The Boy' is fairly good at entertaining himself these days.

Today, while I was half awake on my new best friend, 'The Boy' came up to me and said, without any prompting, "I love you, Mommy." And then he gave me a big hug and a kiss, again without any coaxing whatsoever.

Thank you little buddy for making me realize that, even at my worst, I am still your best.

No comments: