Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Pretty as a Peach

I recently had the pleasure of throwing a baby shower for 'The Hubs' sister.  She is having a girl and they are naming her Savannah Jo.  For months the wheels in my head turned and turned, trying to commit to a theme.  I knew that I wanted it to be southernish but it wasn't until a month or so before that I had a brilliant idea.  Savannah...Georgia...Peach!  Pretty as a Peach!

I had so much fun putting together all of the details and it was a bit harder than I thought it would be.  Apparently, peach parties aren't that popular...yet.  My sister-in-law, Rachelle, was so kind to help with the games and all of the set up and baking on the day before.  In the end, I think we both agreed that if we never see another peach...haha!

 Welcoming our guests.




The Treat Table



Rachelle and I spent hours on making these cake pops.  Who knew they would be so time consuming.  Never again!

Mini peach tarts.
Guests had to guess how many peaches were in the basket.
Of course we had to have yummy red velvet cupcakes.  A southern staple.


I made and canned peach butter for party favors.
The drink station.  We served the most delicious peach lemonade.


We ate a southern picnic lunch and enjoyed some conversation on the patio.  I fed the baby.  Which is why I am lucky to have the pictures that I do.  'Mister' was going through a growth spurt and ate during lunch, and games, and most of presents.  It is impossible to take pictures and nurse a baby.  (Does anybody else have any pictures?)
The beautiful mommy-to-be.

It was such a great shower and now we are ready to meet Miss Savannah!

No comments: