Monday, March 5, 2012

'Mister's' First Days

Hours after 'Mister' was born, we were taken to our private (thank God) room.  I was so exhausted and my epidural had completely worn off right about the same time 'The Littles' walked in.  Perfect timing. 

 'The Boy' was so excited to meet his new brother.

'Munchkin' wasn't really sure of what was going on.

We always have the new baby give presents to the bigger kids when they come to visit just to break the ice a little. 

She held tight to Pop and opened her new book.  We start potty training soon.
'The Boy' tore through his, tossed aside the book and asked if we could watch his new movie.  Haha!
'The Littles' had brought 'Mister' his new blanket all wrapped up.  'The Boy' was so proud that he picked it out at the store.
They were excited to see me and I tried desperately to hold it together.
But I was miserable!

My mom ended up taking me to the bathroom and I hung out in there trying to pee until they were just about to leave.  I was in so much pain (worse than the other two) and I didn't want them to see me crying.
'The Hubs' held down the fort. 
Later that night, we were told that 'Mister's' billirubin levels were high and he'd need to spend the night in the nursery under the lights.  Sounded familiar.  'The Hubs' and I have different blood types.  He's negative.  I'm positive.  'Munchkin' and 'Mister' are negative and my positive blood cells were still running around in their blood stream after they were born causing the jaundice. 

He went under the phototherapy lights and we went to sleep for a few hours before paying him a visit and trying to feed him.  The nurse was so nice.  She let us sleep until morning before bringing him back to us.

He got to continue his tanning and wear his fancy sunglasses for the next 24 hours.
And while he tanned, I got some rest in.
I hated that I couldn't snuggle him all day but at least I got my time in when I fed him.

That day was filled with more visits from family and waiting for 'Mister's' billirubin levels to stabilize.
'Munchkin' took a nap in my hospital bed.

When she woke up, we showed her the baby.  She was way more interested in that apple. 
She like him much better when he was tanning and none of her people were holding him.
'The Boy' loved seeing him and to several breaks from Angry Birds to see and kiss him.
The next morning we got the good news that 'Mister's jaundice had cleared up enough to go home. 

We finally got rid of that silly lamp and got our cuddle on.

Me and my three 'Littles'.  One is super excited, one isn't so sure about the situation and one is just pissed.  I have a feeling I'll be seeing some combination of this on a daily basis from here on.

Little 'Mister' all dressed and ready to go home.  The beanie I crocheted for him fit...I was so happy.

Just as we left the hospital parking lot, all three fell asleep.  The calm before the storm.  We headed home (in peace and quiet) for the first time as a family of five.

No comments: