Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Twas the Night Before Liam

Well, February 19th came and went with no action from 'Mister'.  So did the 20th.  I tried so hard to just live my life like I normally do but I was growing desperate to have 'Mister' evacuate my uterus.  I filled my days up with running after 'The Littles', grocery shopping, and crafting.  I sat on the couch night after night willing my uterus to contract or my amniotic sac to rupture.  Nothing.  Zip.Zilch.Nada.

On the 21st, I waddled into my OB's office and waited for two hours to see her and beg for her to give 'Mister' an eviction notice.  I patiently sat in the examining room when I heard the worst possible thing on the other side of the wall.  She was yelling at someone on the phone, "what do you mean she's not on the schedule?  I scheduled her last week!" 

Apparently, she had set up an induction but the hospital hadn't taken note of it.  It was supposed to happen on Thursday at noon.  The best they could give me was the same day at 6 pm.  No big deal.  It was only six hours later.

Though I wanted to go into labor on my own, I had become so desperate that I took what I could get and prayed that nature would take its course before then.

I excitedly posted a picture of my orders (on a wrinkle Post-it no less) with the announcement that our son would be here soon.

Late Thursday afternoon, we packed up the car and dropped 'The Littles' off at Mimi and Papa's for a sleepover.  We had about an hour and a half to spare before 6pm so we decided to grab some dinner.  I called the hospital just to make sure they were ready for us.  And then, the worst possible thing happened.

The labor and delivery unit was full with women whose bodies knew how to have a baby without medical intervention.  They asked me to call back in an hour.

We went to Yardhouse for dinner.  The same place we dined before we checked in for our induction with 'Munchkin'.  Maybe it would bring us luck. 

 'The Hubs' had a half yard of Dark Castle.

  I drank water and pretended it tasted as good as a Dark Castle.

We called the hospital at 7 pm.  They had no good news for us.  They told us to call back in another hour.  We went to Golden Spoon and rented a movie from Redbox to watch on the laptop.  We drove to the hospital and sat in the parking lot.  It was on the way home so we thought, 'why not?'  We were pretty sure we'd end up home anyway.

We called at 8 pm.  We got wait listed.  Wait listed!  Like I was trying to get into a class in college!  The nurse told us to call at 8 in the morning.  I was bummed but not totally devastated.  At least I was going to get a good night of sleep.

We went home, watched our movie and went to bed.  As I fell asleep I prayed that we would be able to get in the next morning.  Turned out, 'Mister' had other plans.

1 comment:

Janelle Nelson said...

you are so cute! I think that pic of you drinking water is hilarious.