Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Day

Christmas Day was amazing this year despite all of my holiday Scrooginess and waking up that morning with the flu.  I tired my hardest to pull it together all season long and the flu was just the final touch to a melancholy season.  I thought I pulled it together as best I could.  The kids had a wonderful day...they were in their pajamas the whole day long.   I served a nice breakfast and Steve stepped in a made a great dinner.  Most importantly, we were a family and we soaked up the traditions we have created for 'The Littles'.


Our tree, in the wee small hours of the morning after Santa left.

 Christmas morning.  This picture reminds me of how much I absolutely love our house.

 Coming down the stairs in our pj's.

 'The Boy' belined to his side and went straight for his stocking.

 He knew it was full of goodies.

 'Munchkin' kind of got the idea and headed over to the pink side.

 But, then she saw that Santa hadn't eaten all of the treats we had left for him so she decided to help him out.

She took her treats back to her new chair.  Santa did a good job...she just loves little chairs.

 We read a letter Santa had written us and then started to open gifts.

 He loved his new superheros...

 And Cars 2.

 She opened up her Mrs. Potatohead and then wore her glasses for a while...

 ...even while opening her presents.

 'The Hubs' sporting his new polarized sunglasses...


...and checking out the details on his deep sea fishing trip.


 I always get tricked.  'The Hubs' has been wrapping my presents in strange boxes since we were dating.  This Diet Coke box contain a pair of maternity yoga pants I had asked for.

'The Boy' helped 'Munchkin' open her Disney Princess kitchen.  A gift they both loved.

Very excited for new Hot Wheels tracks.

Feeding her new baby...

 ...and herself.

 A few hours later, Gigi, Pop and Uncle Michael came over for brunch.  Note: 'The Boy's' crafty centerpiece.


We ate a very yummy breakfast before opening more gifts.  It seriously takes us so long to get through them all.  I can't even imagine what it is like for bigger families.  We enjoyed our family and watching 'The Littles' play with their new toys in their pj's.  Seriously, they wore them to dinner.   Pop made us a lovely dinner but I stopped taking pictures after brunch because I was just feeling worse.
This is the aftermath.  I was a bit late in taking the picture this year.  'The Hubs' had already started cleaning a bit. 

We had such a wonderful Christmas this year (despite the bah humbugs) and we're looking forward to a very happy New Year.

No comments: