Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Halloween

I love Halloween.  It begins the holiday festivities and brings so much joy to my kids faces.  I hate that 'The Hubs' had to miss it for the second year in a row.  He had training in Pennsylvania.  We're hoping he'll be around for it next year.  Fingers crossed.

That being said, I knew that I wanted a very mellow Halloween.  I would be on my own and 5 1/2 months pregnant and not really up for the sugared up kids.  We decided to go to Gigi and Pop's for the night and I am so glad we did.  'The Littles' had an absolute blast.

We head there in the afternoon for some pumpkin carving... 

Watch out for the kid with the knife!  He loved carving pumpkins. 


 Pop and 'The Boy' having way too much fun.


'Munchkin' got her own spoon and had at it with the goo.


And about thirty seconds later, she decided to run a few laps around the yard instead.


Me and my mom and my awesome, too big maternity pants.

When it started to get dark, we headed inside for a costume change.  This year was bittersweet for me.  I realized that this is likely the last year I will be able to coax 'The Boy' into wearing something from the Disney store.  I believe that we will be onto superheros and other bigger boy things next year. 

Transforming into Buzz Lightyear.  Those gloves didn't last too long. 


 The battle of the ages.  Miss independent did not want to wear her patent leather Maryjane's.


Success!  We were even able to get a few pictures out front before the tick-or-treaters arrived.  As usual, we tried.


Being silly.  It looks like they are lovingly holding hands but I'm pretty sure that 'The Boy' is grabbing her arm so she'll stay put.

Say "Trick-or-Cheese".  He said this every time I snapped a picture of him.


Ready to go.  My little Buzz Lightyear and Minnie Mouse.

We trick-or-treated about half of the very long block that my mom lives on before I was exhausted and ready to find a Butterfinger in the candy stash eat dinner.  'Munchkin' wasn't a fan of running around in the dark and wanted to be held the whole time.  And 'The Boy' got in and out of the wagon for every. single. house.  That and 'The Baby' was spinning circles from the sugar I gave him.  I was so done.  Luckily, 'The Littles' didn't seem to mind.

After we cried because there weren't any Butterfingers in the stash yet ate our traditional Halloween chilli, we set out to find a Butterfinger went out for round two.  We lasted for half of the rest of the block before I got my Butterfinger 'The Boy' complained about being tired.


'Munchkin' opted out of round two to stay home with Pop and eat an entire box of Teddy Grahams. 

It was a perfect Halloween. 

No comments: