Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving

We had a small Thanksgiving this year.  Just us four with Gigi and Pop.  I was kind of bummed at first because I love putting together a huge feast but when it came down to it, small was just what we needed.  This Mommy has been getting tired and all that preparation would have been way too much.

The night before, I started a brine for the turkey and lined up apples to make a gala apple pie.  About an hour later, I put the apples back in the fruit bowl and called my mom to ask her to bring dessert.

I had good intentions.

We set the turkey in one of the kids plastic toy bins to brine overnight.  It was cleaned very well beforehand.  I give myself a gold star for being so resourceful.

My new centerpiece for the dining room table.


The table all set and ready.  I need to get pretty Thanksgiving dinnerware for next year.  Our wedding china just doesn't go as well as I had planned.

I went through all of the pictures on my camera and cannot believe that this is all that I had taken.  There aren't even any people in them! 

All that matters, I guess, is that we had a great dinner.  The turkey was so good, and Paula Deen's sausage stuffing did not disappoint.  And, I had plenty of time to prepare for my Black Friday shopping trip while the boys did the dishes.  Not a bad holiday if I do say so myself.

No comments: