Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Six

 We tied the knot.  It was the best day of my life.  It was beautiful as told here.  But it was real and you know how reality goes.

Six years ago...

...I forgot to wear sunscreen to the rehearsal and got a little sunburn...


 ...we picked up 10 tuxedos and realized that one (my Dad's) vest was missing an hour before the ceremony...


...'The Hubs' hit me in the head with the wedding gift I gave him (accidentally, of course) at the rehearsal dinner...he made up for it with jewelry and tickets to see Celine Dion...


...while we had a pre wedding cake fight, Ryan and Rachelle "borrowed" a golf cart and almost got arrested when they got caught...


...Rachelle arrived at my Mom's house at 7 am the next morning to get her hair done so she could attend a funeral before the ceremony...at least we didn't have to bail her out of jail...


...we rode in a limo to the wedding site...the air was broken and we couldn't roll the window down because everyone's hair was already done... 


 ...they wedding site put wrinkled chair covers on every chair and my Mom insisted they be ironed an hour before the wedding began...


 ...Kiona arrived with a seriously red eye and we spent a long time trying to cover it up...


 ...my jeweler insisted on tying knots between each pearl on my necklace and subsequently, no matter how much we tried to fix it, there were big gaps in between them...


...as it turned out, I'm allergic to lilies and had watery, burning eyes during the whole ceremony...


 ...we completely forgot to hand out the programs we had spent so much time creating...


 ...we ran about an hour behind and left our guests just hanging out in the sweltering heat...


 ...a breeze kicked up during the ceremony and it took almost a whole song to get the unity candles lit...


 ...we gave our parents roses as a sign of our appreciation and on the wedding video you can hear 'The Hubs' (who was wearing the mic) say, "I don't get it.  I don't remember rehearsing this part"...


...I underestimated how much force was required to ring a mission bell and it nearly sent me flying...


...but in the end, it was still magical!


Happy anniversary to the best man I know.  These few years have been wonderful and I am so thankful that I get to share this life with you.


3 comments:

Leslie said...

hilarious recap!!

DeBran said...

omg...this is awesome! Happy anniversary!

devon lorraine ... said...

... six years AND a sense of humor about it! awesome wedding day re-cap!