Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter, Easter Bunny

When I was growing up, my Uncle Tommy used to tell us kids this (very lame) joke at Easter and it would send us into fits of giggles.  It goes a little something like this...

Knock, Knock.
Who's there?
Easter.
Easter who?
Easter, Easter Bunny.

Knock, Knock.
Who's there?
Easter.
Easter who?
Easter, Easter Bunny.

This would go on and on and on and my brother and I would be breathless from giggling.  Kids are funny.  Some jokes are not.

I took 'The Littles' to the mall for a little visit with Mr. Bunny.  'The Boy' was so excited about it.  He talked about it the whole drive there and, during my "three stores and then we'll see the Easter Bunny", he kept crying, "but I want to see the Easter Bunny now!"

Then we got in line and the boy caught a glimpse of Mr. Bunny.  He left the line lickity split and stood on the side with GiGi.  I thought for sure she'd be able to talk him into it by the time 'Munchkin' and I got to the front of the line.  Nope.  I can't blame him.  Mr. Bunny is one spooky looking dude.  That didn't keep me from forcing the kid who doesn't know any better into his lap.

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

S. Gibson said...

That joke sounds like something my kids would looove to tell over and over again (and over again after that). I love the Easter Bunny picture. I think this is the first year that all three of my kids would even get near Santa at the mall. The two older boys have grown out of the fear and like you said, the baby doesn't know any better. Her smile is priceless! Love your blog!