Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

Sort of Surprise

The boy, the Hubs, and I went to Garden Grove for an early Memorial day BBQ. We went for a late Mothers Day celebration for my step-mom/visit with her family. When we arrived we also found out we were celebrating Veronica's (my cousin Jermaine's girlfriend) birthday. So nice to see everyone as the last time we were all together was at my Dad's funeral.

Tyler and Grandma. That is Mason, my "cousin" Jennifer's great Dane. Tyler thought it
was a cow and every time he looked at it he said "moooooo".
After dinner, it was birthday time. Here's how it went:
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear
ME: Veronica
EVERYONE ELSE: Megan!
Happy Birthday to me.
Lynda brought the cake out and put it in front of me. Very bittersweet but so thoughtful.


I don't know why I didn't put it all together. My birthday was still a week away and all I could think about was Vegas so they did a good job of surprising me. We ate cake, opened presents, drank Maggies.
One our family traditions is on some one's birthday, not only does the birthday girl/boy get presents but, so does the Hubs and the boy.

Gifts from Grandma and Aunt Brenda. Someone is SPOILED!

Apparently, a new tradition is to get the birthday girl stuffed with as many Maggies as can fit in her belly. 2 Margaritas...why is it always Aunt Brenda's goal to get me drunk?

Me and my wonderful step-mom, Lynda. She has been taking such good care of me since
my Dad passed and we have grown so much closer.


The boy decided to end the evening by getting a drink from the garden fountain. He put his
sippy cup in the stream and then sucked the water off the top. So cute!

Thanks everyone for a great start to the birthday celebrations!



No comments: